Saturday, June 16, 2012

Taco Fun

The first stop on our taco adventure was Taco Bell. We ordered an assortment of different things. I tried some nachos first which were good. the cheese was nice and gooey, and the sour cream went well with the beef. Next, I tried a chalupa, which is just a fried gordita. A gordita, is pretty much a taco with a big soft, fluffy shell. I also tried a quesadilla, which was a bit dissapointing. The piece that I had, had little chesse and chicken, and was pretty much just hard dough. The atmosphere there was like what you would expect at a fast food place. But there were some interesting pieces of art on the walls.

Our next stop was Taqueria Coatzingo. This restaurant was a bit more traditional than Taco Bell. The atmosphere was more like that of a restaurant. There were also pieces of religious artwork all around. We ordered the same things we got at Taco Bell. The first thing they brought out were tortilla chips and salsa. This is like the bread and butter you might get at another restaurant. The salsa was fantastic. it was a little sweet and very spicy. That's one point for Coatzingo. I really enjoyed the gordita. It was nice and spicy, just how I like it. Taqueria Coatzing takes the win for gorditas in my book. For those of you keeping score, it's 2-0 Coatzingo. The next thing I had were the nachos. Even though they tasted good, it was all just a pile of toppings and was hard to scoop. Taco Bell wins for nachos. I tried the burrito next, and I must say it was a dissapointment. I did not really like what was inside. I did not get to try the burrito at Taco Bell, so no one wins this round. So let's talley up the scores shall we? The final score is Taco Bell: 1, Coatzing: 2. The winner is Taqueria Cotzingo.

Even though I enjoyed Coatzingo's food more, I liked both places. I had a great time with lots of great food.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the score you were keeping ! I am glad you enjoyed the authentic spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you spelled "disappointing" wrong.

    ReplyDelete