Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ethiopian Fun

My time at Abyssinia was enjoyable. The food was delicious. Everything was well seasoned, and as I said in my last post, I love spicy food. And Ethiopian food does not dissapoint. The first things we ordered as appetizers were sambusas. They brought us both vegetarian and meat ones. They were both equally delicious. Each had great flavors that combined together and... They were spicy! The extra kick brought the whole dish together. For our main course, we were brought a big platter of different foods on top of a delicious dough-like food called injaera. The foods on there were different types of vegetables like collard greens, cabbage, and lentils. The meats that they had were tibs, which are sauteed cubes of beef, doro wat, which is tender chicken, and yebeg alicha, which is cooked lamb. Each was seasoned deliciously. My favorite part was thaat we got to eat with our hands. What we would do was we ripped a piece of injaera and scooped some of the food on to it and ate it. It was a good process. I enjoyed not having to use utensils. Overall, the trip to Abyssinia was great. I ate great food, and had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment